Please contact me at kathryn.jewkes@gmail.com or visit my Facebook Page

Monday, April 12, 2010

Banana Bread


My good friend gave me this awesome banana bread recipe and I can't get enough of it. I must make it every couple of weeks (unless bananas are too expensive). Thought I'd share the recipe as it's such a good one. ENJOY!!!!

1.5 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk (I just use regular milk - can't be bothered buying buttermilk just for one recipe)

Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf tin.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and suger for 3-4 mins until pale and fluffy.
Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing well after each addition.
Mash bananas with a fork and add to the butter mixture. Stir well to combine.
Add the combined dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for 55-60 mins or until the top of the bread is firm and is a deep brown colour.

2 comments:

  1. Fab recipe! I made it on the w/e and it was delicious. I also made a variation with pumpkin, ground ginger and pepitas. Also really good. Thanks KJ and JFF!

    ReplyDelete