Please contact me at kathryn.jewkes@gmail.com or visit my Facebook Page

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Double Choc Chip Cookies


It's 8am and this batch of double choc chip cookies are fresh out of the oven. What is wrong with me? Thanks to my niece Gaby who gave me this fabulous recipe. My girls love to help me bake them (probably because they get to lick the spoon).

250g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup crushed nuts
1 cup dark choc chips
1 cup white Melts (halved)

Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugars and eggs in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted flour and soda, nuts, choc chips and mix well.

Drop level tablespoons of mixture about 5cm apart on greased baking tray.

Bake in moderately hot oven (180C) for about 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand cookies for 2 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment