Please contact me at kathryn.jewkes@gmail.com or visit my Facebook Page

Friday, April 16, 2010

Mini mud cakes


These little treasures were given to each guest at my wedding and were very popular. Yes, I have a sweet tooth and yes a lot of my recipes are chocolate based but that's me. There are plenty more recipes to share but these things take time. Hope you enjoy this one for the coming weekend. They are divine!

180g dark chocolate, chopped
125g butter, chopped
2 teaspoons dry instant coffee
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten lightly
1 tablespoons Kahlua or Tia Maria (I never have this in the pantry so just use milk)
1/2 cup plain flour
2 tablespoons self raising flour
icing sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to slow (150C). Grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan.

Combine the chocolate, butter, coffee, water and sugar in a medium saucepan, stir over a low heat until the chocolate is melted.

Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the egg and liqueur then gradually stir in the combined sifted flours, mixing well. Divide the mixture among the prepared pan holes. Bake in a slow oven for about 15 minutes. Stand cakes in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

Just before serving, dust with sifted icing sugar.

Suitable to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment