Please contact me at kathryn.jewkes@gmail.com or visit my Facebook Page

Monday, November 15, 2010

Florentines


We love florentines in this house so I decided to try and make them myself. Thankfully this recipe is really easy and they turned out great even if I do say so myself. We took them to a family gathering on the weekend and they were snapped up very quickly.

1 1/4 cups sultanas
1 1/4 cups peanuts (I used flaked almonds for mine)
3 cups cornflakes
1 tin condensed milk
125g chocolate

Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a large bowl.
Line baking trays with paper.
Drop mixture into small heaps on trays.
Bake in moderately slow oven for 15-20 mins.
Allow to cool before lifting off the trays.
Chop chocolate and melt over a saucepan of hot water.
Spread melted chocolate over base of biscuit and allow to set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment