Please contact me at kathryn.jewkes@gmail.com or visit my Facebook Page

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chocolate Brownies


A few of my friends now that I've been searching for a good brownie recipe since a friend refused to share hers. I think this one is as good as any I've eaten so I'm happy to share. Though I leave out the nuts, I prefer my brownies without nuts. Here's the recipe for your enjoyment. Be warned - it's rich!

125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
125g unsalted butter, cubed
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla esence
1 cup plain flour, sifted
100g pecans or walnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped

Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 20x30cm baking tin and line base and sides with baking paper.

Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Allow to cool.

In an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the flour and bat until smooth. Stir in the nuts.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes, or until dark brown and the top has formed a crust. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove and cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment